May 6, 2014

Peonies in a Bottle


If you know me, you also know that I am totally enamored with peonies. I am a Maybaby and therefore it only makes sense to get them throughout my birthday month and June, if I am lucky.

The one thing I couldn´t find was perfume that really captures the essence of that gorgeous flower. They either smelled rather chemical or overly sweet. When Jo Malone released their Peony + Blush Suede scent, I read a fascinating article that peony petals cannot get extracted like normal rose petals, to create a perfume. The peony scent must instead be carefully constructed with the help of green notes, bergamot, magnolia and musk. Whoa, right?


You know those scents you totally like but for whatever reason they don´t work on you?! Well, that what happened with Peony + Blush Suede and me. But last year my friend came across L´Occitane´s Pivoine Flora collection which also contains a real peony perfume, and she gave it to me for my birthday.

There´s a Mediterranean legend of a beautiful nymph named Paeonia, who was so courted by the gods that a jealous goddess transformed her into a flower with a thousand petals - a peony. Since then, this symbol of beauty brightens every spring with its dazzling show of colors and scents.

Lucky me! I love it and it´s perfect when I am craving peonies off-season, I just grab my liquid peonies in a bottle. End of story :)



(Image via Campari + Sofa)

2 Kommentare:

  1. I love a good light floral scent! I'm glad you found your perfect scent! What a gorgeous little bottle!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really beautiful and I am totally going to check it out. Happy Wed, sweetie. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

 

Home About Contact

All rights reserved S P U N K Y R E L L A 2011-2013 - Design + Development by Ana Degenaar